18th Century mahogany and brass telescope by Nairne & Blunt of London
18th Century mahogany and brass telescope by Nairne & Blunt of London, having a mahogany barrel with a thumb wheel to the side of the main barrel, supported on a solid brass tripod stand with cabriole legs, the mount allows the mahogany barrel to move in both horizontal and vertical motions. Signed Nairne & Blunt London. Circa 1780.
Nairne & Blunt traded at 20 Cornhill, opposite the Royal Exchange (1774-93), London, England. Partnership with Thomas Blunt (1774-93), former apprentice.